Lead Warehouse Operative
Rutland Plastics are seeking to appoint a Lead Warehouse Operative. Leading by example, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for organising and delegating tasks to the assigned Warehouse operatives in order to achieve the daily plan.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Champion housekeeping to maintain a safe warehouse environment
- Organise resources in line with the daily Production & Dispatch plan
- Support the Warehouse Manager with the implementation of new initiatives and technologies
- Take responsibility for the completion and documentation of Safety checks on fixed and mobile equipment, including FLT’s
- Promote accuracy, transparency and accountability within your team
- Create a culture of questioning at every materials transaction; ‘Does this feel right? Is this safe? Is this the standard I would expect? etc’
- Mentor, train and provide on-going support in warehouse best-practice
- Ensure your team is actively engaging with latest company procedures
- Work closely at all levels to optimise our warehouse and logistics operation
The ideal candidate will have :
- A good general understanding of warehouse operations.
- The ability to lead, by example, a cross-functional team
- A proactive attitude communication and collaboration at all levels
- Be a role model for Rutland Plastics Values and associated Behaviours.
- Competent IT skills using MS Office, Google Drive and RP’s Production systems.
- Reach / Bendi / Flexi trained staff preferred but not essential
Applications for this position should be made by sending your latest CV and covering letter.
The closing date for applications is 8am on Monday 22nd November 2021.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Profit sharing
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We follow strict Covid guidelines as outlined by our industry body the British Plastics Federation