Rutland Plastics has attained the medical standard ISO13485. Building on the ISO9001 accreditation that the company already has, it now has additional approval for the manufacture of non-sterile injection and flow moulded thermoplastic components for medical devices and the machining, finishing and sub-assembly of mouldings to customers’ requirement. Of particular importance in this standard are risk management and maintaining effective processes specific to the safe manufacture of medical devices.
Rutland Plastics already manufactures a number of products for the medical sector and achieving this standard demonstrates proven business credentials in this sector through independent verification. This is the culmination of many months of hard work led by QC Inspector Lee Hatton.
This is a growing market for plastic mouldings due to the high usage of disposables and is a market Rutland Plastics would like to develop further. This standard not only demonstrates Rutland Plastic’s commitment but also the level of service it can provide due its our focus on maintaining a clean mouldshop backed up by effective quality assurance processes.
- Rutland Vintage23rd January 2020 - 12:56 pm
- Mould Tool is at the Heart of Injection Moulding12th December 2019 - 4:50 pm
- How to Double the Mouldings but not the Cost27th November 2019 - 12:41 pm
- UK Exhibitions for Design Engineers11th September 2019 - 4:26 pm
- Strong Robot Hands Make Light Work (EOAT)22nd August 2019 - 2:40 pm