The successful candidate will start on a path which focuses on both electrical and mechanical engineering. Following a departmental rotation, the apprentice will spend time learning a wide range skills that will enable them to become successful multi-skilled maintenance engineer.
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Maintenance team are responsible for carrying out a wide range of engineering tasks with the core function to keep our machinery producing quality components, such as:
- Preventative and reactive maintenance over a wide range of equipment.
- Mechanical and electrical fault finding on modern injection moulding and CNC machines.
- Routine maintenance of equipment and plant.
- Any other duties necessary within a busy production facility.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 4 Engineering Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
- Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Engineering.
- Attendance at college will be required one day per week, term time.
- Expected duration 36 months
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become a multi-skilled maintenance engineer.
Desired skills and personal qualities – Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualification requirements – GCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths and English (Grade Grade C / 4 or equivalent) Essential. AS Level or equivalent Engineering or related (Grade Level 3 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider – Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying. Loughborough College reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy before the end date, following consultation with the employer.
Annual wage – £14,900. 32 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) per year.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 01/06/2023