In all business activities, we give consideration to our immediate community location, the wider environment and its natural resources. We manage our production processes with careful concern for the environment. We recognise that our sustainability efforts are one of continuous improvement and to date, we are able to demonstrate our commitment through self-funded energy and CO2 reduction programme whereby we have implemented efficient and economic installations that tap into ‘green power’:
- Generation of electricity from 900 (solar photovoltaics) PV panels.
- ‘Free air’ cooling systems utilising low external air temperature.
- Smart lighting combining LED and occupancy motion sensors throughout our site.
- Waste recycling on-site facilities and off-site partners.
- Reduction of paper waste generation through implementing ePayslips, office paper recycling, reduction of filing, cloud-based storage and document sharing, minimal ink use.
Rutland Plastics endeavours to develop good relationships and strengthen communication channels with our partners and this is borne through our mission statement:
To work in partnership now and in the future with our customers, to solve their problems through:
Manufacturing Excellence, Technical Expertise, Growing our People, Taking Pride in Everything.