The successful candidate will join the team in the busy, modern tool room at Rutland Plastics. Following a departmental rotation, the apprentice will work alongside both the tool making and tool maintenance teams to learn the skills to repair and manufacture complex injection mould tools.
What will the apprentice be doing?
The position will involve:
- Undertaking modifications and repairs to existing injection mould tools.
- Manufacture of new tools in house to customers specification.
- Use of both manual and CNC machinery as well as interpreting complex CAD drawings.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Technician – Toolmaker and Tool and Die Maintenance Technician Pathway.
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering – Toolmaker and Tool & Die Maintenance (Development Competence).
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
- Currently delivered two days per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College, first and second year of learning. One day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College third year of learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Tool Maker or Tool Maintenance Engineer depending on applicants preference and suitability.
- Expected duration 42 months
Desired skills and personal qualities – Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualification requirements – GCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths and English (Grade Grade C / 4 or equivalent) Essential GCSE or equivalent Engineering (Grade Pass/ Achieved/Level 2) Desired
Things to consider – Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying. Loughborough College reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy before the end date, following consultation with the employer.
Annual wage – £14,900. 32 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) per year.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 01/06/2023
Expected start date: 03/07/2023