Rutland Plastics is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Quality Manager.
The successful candidate will be a natural communicator, able to quickly understand our customers’ needs, and able to translate that into a right-first-time mindset throughout our operations. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to lead a highly knowledgeable team of 10 direct reports and make a visible impact across the company.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Undertake site visits and develop a culture of open communication with customers.
- Manage a team of 10 staff, undertaking a range of Quality-related duties
- Implement robust quality assurance programs on a product-by-product basis
- Ensure that non-conformances are satisfactorily addressed at root-cause
- Conduct end-to-end reviews of our process to identify and mitigate potential escapes
- Create work-flow instructions to minimise errors contributed by human factors
- Provide on-going training and support in order to improve the skills of our workforce
The ideal candidate will have :
- Min 10 years experience of working in a Quality-driven manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience of modern Quality Management systems (AQL, Six-Sigma)
- A proactive attitude to communication to resolve issues and identify solutions
- Be a role model for Rutland Plastics Values and associated Behaviours
- Promote a culture of open communications to achieve continuous improvement
The essential skills required of this role are:
- Excellent organisational and supervisory skills
- Able to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving.
- Positive outgoing personality, able to motivate and lead others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to make tough decisions under pressure
In return we are offering a very competitive package depending on skills and experience, annual performance bonus, 32 days holidays (to include Christmas shutdown and bank holidays), *private health insurance, *death in service insurance, PPE and on-site parking.